Wednesday 12 February 2014

Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12 hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15



Let me just say that I love this stuff. It's medium coverage but is buildable to full coverage. I have very fair skin with pink to neutral undertones. I got this in "fair beige," and the color is absolutely perfect. My skin looks amazing, and it stays matte for a good 9-10 hours. Plus a little bit goes a long way. I don't have to set it with powder, and it's very pigment dense without having to use a lot of product. And it's so creamy that if you wanted to mix it with moisturizer, you could. You can dab it on with just your fingers or even a stippling foundation brush to blend it together I personally prefer to use my Beauty Blender (which is a other obsession of mine)

So some of the PROS and CONS-

PROS: It’s winter here in Canada and I’m finding my skin dry and I don’t find itching to dry patches like some foundations (it makes the dry parts looks moisturized and the oily parts look matte), it stays very matte (but about 9 hours), it has very good coverage, you don't need to use a lot, there is no funky smell, it has SPF, it doesn't transfer/rub off to my clothes or hands, and it doesn't turn orange. Best of all, its cruelty free! 



Cons: The price in Canada its $49, which isn’t unreasonable but still, is expensive to some but I tell you it’s worth it. Another con for me is the SPF, I always prefer my foundation to not have it I find when I take photos I can have a white cased, although have experienced with this foundation. I personally like using sunscreen or a SPF moisturizer if I’m looking for sun protection.
But overall I am a convert. I will buy this again and again. This is a great foundation, from a wonderful make up line that’s formulated WITHOUT: - Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Petrochemicals- Phthalates- and cruelty free. What are your thoughts on the foundation or any other Tarte’s products?

Victoria Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment